The reservation of self-catering accommodation amounts to a legally binding contract. The contract is made between us (“the owners”) and you (“the hirer”) shall incorporate the following terms.
1. Governing Law: The contract is made in England and is subject to English Law.
2. Reservation and Deposit: The reservation becomes legally binding once a deposit of at least 25% of the price is paid. Until that time, it is provisional only, and if the deposit is not paid within 7 days of the initial reservation being made, the latter will automatically lapse.
3. Payment of Balance: The balance of the price is payable not later than 14 days before the letting is to commence. No reminders will be sent. If the full balance is not paid on time, the owners shall be entitled to cancel the reservation in which case the deposit will be forfeit.
4. Transferred Reservation: A reservation may only be transferred to an alternative date with the express consent of the owner.
5. Cancellation: A cancellation must be notified by the hirer to the owners immediately by telephone and then confirmed in writing by way of email or first class post. If the booking is cancelled less than 30 days before arrival then a charge equal to 50% of the stay will be made. If the booking is cancelled less than 14 days before arrival then a charge equal to the full booking amount will be made. In the event of a no show or booking reduction (after arrival date) the full cost of the booking is charged. Hirers are strongly recommended to arrange cancellation insurance cover.
6. Number of Occupants: The maximum number of occupants of the accommodation shall be specified by the owners at the time of the initial reservation and this number must not be exceeded. Additional persons, including babies shall only be accommodated with the express consent of the owners and upon payment of the additional price agreed with the owners. The accommodation is not suitable for parties or other large gatherings and the owners shall be entitled to terminate the hiring without notice and without refund in the event of breach of these conditions.
7. Unsuitable Occupants: The owner reserves the right to refuse to permit occupancy of the accommodation to any person whom the owners, in their opinion, consider to be unfit to take charge. In the event, the price shall be refunded in full and the contract shall there upon be discharged without further liability to either party. Stag and hen parties can only be accommodated with the express consent of the owners and upon payment of an additional security deposit as agreed with the owners. The owners shall be entitled to re-posses the accommodation at anytime where serious damage has been caused by the hirer or other occupant, or in the opinion of the owners is likely to be so caused. In that event, no refund of the price shall be made.
8. Pets: Pets can only be accommodated with the owner’s express consent. Hirers wishing to bring pets to the accommodation must advise the owners at the time of the initial reservation, either by telephone, email or via the online reservation system, as there is an extra charge. Pets must not be permitted to occupy beds or furniture, or otherwise cause damage to the property. Pets must not be left unattended in the cottages.
9. Care of the Premises and Indemnity: The hirer shall keep the premises and all the furniture, fittings and effects in the same state of repair and condition as at the time of initial occupancy (reasonable wear and tear expected). Any loss or damage will be charged and paid for by the hirer in full on departure. Breakages and damage should be reported to the owners immediately. In addition, the hirer shall indemnify’ the owners against loss or damage caused by the hirer, members of his or her party, pets or other persons from time to time in the accommodation at the hirers invitation or request to the accommodation, its contents, or to the property or person of any third party.
10. Owners Rights of Entry: For the purpose of ensuring compliance with these conditions, the owners shall be entitled to enter into the premises at any time on reasonable notice to the hirer, or without such notice in the event of an emergency.
11. Owners Liability: The owners cannot accept responsibility for the loss or damage, including theft to the person or property of the hirer or members of his party or pets during the term of letting.
12. Additional Charges: The hirer shall, at the termination of the letting, reimburse the owner for the cost of additional items of services supplied by the owners on the basis agreed at the time of the initial reservation or subsequently.
13. Arrivals and Departures: The accommodation will not be available for occupancy before 3pm on the day of commencement of the letting. The hirer shall vacate the accommodation by 10am on the day of departure, leaving it clean and tidy. Arrivals after 4pm must be advised to the owners at least 72 hours before the day of commencement of the letting.
14. Basis of Occupancy: The accommodation is let as short-term holiday accommodation for the agreed term only and no tenancy or other longer term relationship is created.
15. Complaints: In the event the hirer wishes to complain about any aspect of the letting or the premises, he or she should, in the first instance, contact the owners with the details supplied.
Updated April 2018.